Om2009 testing release 5

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 17 06:28:41 CEST 2009

Hmm.    Well, my opkg update ; opkg upgrade was partially successful.   It
ended with this message:

Configuring hal
Cannot create link over existing -/var/log-.
Cannot create link over existing -/etc/resolv.conf-.
Reloading system message bus config: Using **pending_return in
dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without pending_setup is deprecated
and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Element <syslog> not allowed inside
<busconfig> in configuration file

but I'm not sure if that's related to the problem I'm seeing.   Paroli
itself seems pretty good.  However, when I enable the paroli-illume theme,
illume doesn't start up.   So for the moment I can't get at any of the other
apps on the phone without sshing in.

A few comments:

I like the fact that you can see where the buttons are now...   However, I'm
afraid that I don't particularly like showing the buttons with the four dots
at the corners - I think it's kind of an odd way to display them.

I'd still like to see a visual indication of 'slidyness' - when things can
be slide to the side.

As I think someone else mentioned, the scolling on the settings dialog is
broken - it always selects the thing you click on, even if you scroll the
list.

I'll have to do more testing before I can comment on the reliability.

Warren