Paroli SMS mockup image

Warren Baird wjbaird at
Wed Jun 17 07:45:45 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I've finally spent some time (when I should have been sleeping) and put
together a rather rough mockup showing a bit of how I'd like to see the
Paroli UI looking.   I'm not sure how great a reception this'll get, since I
there seems to be a minimalist trend in the current Paroli design.    But
frankly, I didn't buy a device with a nice 640x480 display to have a
monochrome UI!!  ;-)

You can see my mockup at:

Few comments on what I did:

  - fired up the gimp -- I definitely don't have time to figure out how to
do all this stuff in edje, I'm afraid...

  - stole liberally from the Tango icon set.

  - Added actual button-like images behind the buttons

  - adjusted the SMS display into a 'conversational' mode where all recent
messages to and from a specific person are grouped together.

  Comments and counter-suggestions definitely welcome!!!

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist