Avoid duplicates on ML

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Jun 17 08:08:49 CEST 2009

On 17/06/2009 3:49 PM, Evgeniy Karyakin wrote:
>> To avoid getting duplicates (when a person sends a mail To or Cc you
>> and the list at the same time) one just needs to set his personal
>> preferences (and for most ML it's default to avoid duplicates), for
>> mailman it's described in [1].
>>
>> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node21.html
>
>     More offtopic: how about not to start new thread with every mail
> from you? For reading this ML I use GMail web interface and ~95% of
> messages from you are shown as new threads despite that messages are
> obviously replies (contain other's quotations with multiple levels).
> Just a question/advice.

This isn't the case under thunderbird. Assuming you still have the
referenced emails this _shouldn't_ be the case. I've noticed some
programs are better than others at tracking a thread.

Of course I'm not saying this isn't happening to you, just that it
doesn't happen here. I am a little surprised it breaks under gmail,
though if somebody said they were using outlook web access I wouldn't
batter an eyelid.

Sarton