Paroli SMS mockup image

Risto H. Kurppa risto at
Wed Jun 17 08:20:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Warren
Baird<wjbaird at> wrote:
> there seems to be a minimalist trend in the current Paroli design.    But
> frankly, I didn't buy a device with a nice 640x480 display to have a
> monochrome UI!!  ;-)

 I can feel your pain!

> You can see my mockup at:

Nice! I'd like to see someone implement a new theme for Paroli that'd
include these colourful icons. So far I think the best looking UI for
Openmoko has been this QT-stuff with black background and friendly,
colourful icons. Let's see if at some stage Paroli has something of

>   - stole liberally from the Tango icon set.

That's the way to do it :)

>   - Added actual button-like images behind the buttons

This is good!

>   - adjusted the SMS display into a 'conversational' mode where all recent
> messages to and from a specific person are grouped together.

Ah ok, so clickingn on the list item will open the SMS view, that's
nice, I like it. What'd you think how to decide if a SMS belongs to a
group or it's an individual msg?

Nice to have you doing some designing for Paroli!