Problem with package built with my OE environment

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Jun 17 19:33:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 23:24 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:27:22PM +0200, GNUtoo wrote:

> > > Yes, that part I understood, but it is the very first time something like
> > > this happened to me. Why isn't it using the proper versions?
> >
> > There are several possibilities:
> > *or the dependences aren't included in fso
>
> Hardly. it's fso-testing or fso-unstable and the phone had a daily image.
>
> > *or you use a more up to date fso version than the released one(in
> > openembedded)
>
> How do you get a "more up to date"? Makes no sense.
> However it seems it's picking up svn elementary and other E libs. What is
> the environment I should use?
>
> > > Am I not neither on unstable nor testing if using Om2009.06.11 daily?
> > >
> > > This doesn't make sense, what about if I want to distribute the ipk?
> > >
> > > What will happen when I want to make a new omnewrotate ipk? The same?
> > >
> > > For me this means my environment is borked :(
> > >
> > > Rui
>
> > Maybe just distribute the dependencies with the ipks? or...better ask
> > openembedded or fso or SHR to include your recipe.
>
> Makes no sense as:
>   1. it's not supposed to carry all the subversion files but some more or
>      less stable releases
>   2. why would I send a recipe for software that is so much in development
>      I may need to add libraries at will?
>
> > I don't know the process for fso or SHR but for openembedded the
> > preferred way is to send a patch to the mailing list
> > then ask fso,shr etc... to include your application in your feed,it's
> > just a mather of adding the name of your application to the task making
> > the feed.
>
> How can that make sense with an application that's still being developed and
> not yet stable enough for a release?
>
> :(
You may want to ask help on the openembedded mailing list then.
There was some breakage with the enlightenment libraries some time ago.
I didn't understood very well the technical part of the whole
story(there were a fix that didn't work,breaking upgrade paths etc...and
it was very complicated...not all of us understood it)
by the way I only saw svn versions of the enlightenment libraries in
org.openenembedded.dev

Denis.