Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?
brolin at brolin.be
Thu Jun 18 01:38:27 CEST 2009
I need a GSM cell phone to replace my Palm Z22 PDA. I use Speak Out
Wireless (prepaid) in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada. I do
not have a data plan. I am wondering whether a FreeRunner will work well
for me. I am currently using a Nokia 6103b.
I need all of these features:
* a *reliable* phone for SMS and brief voice calls. The FreeRunner would be
my primary phone, not only a toy.
* tasks/todo lists (including tasks with and without alarms, recurring and
non-recurring tasks, tasks with and without due dates, tasks with and
without attached notes)
* I need a calender to choose dates like on Palm OS. I do not want a date
chooser like on my Nokia 6103b.
* calendar (I enter all of my appointments, work holidays, and other dates I
want to remember, then the Agenda/overview screen of the Calendar/Datebook
(?) Palm OS application shows upcoming events in the next 2 weeks or so. I
want something similar on a phone. I need support for recurring events and
events on a certain day but with no time.)
* textual notes (so I don’t have to keep track of lots of paper notes),
* a calculator with features comparable to the Palm OS application EasyCalc
* enough storage for SMS messages so I never have to delete old SMS
messages. I never have to delete old e-mail, so why should I have to delete
old SMS messages? I have to keep deleting old SMS messages on my Nokia
6103b because it does not have enough storage.
Not required but would be nice:
* a drawing/painting application
Will a FreeRunner work well for me?
Sometimes I forget how to do small talk: <http://xkcd.com/222/>
“What if there were no hypothetical questions?” — George Carlin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community