US triband vs EU triband

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Thu Jun 18 08:20:28 CEST 2009

Wow, thanks for checking that out.  I had no idea that was even
possible.  I'm in the US but I have a world version (900/1800/1900)
for when I travel.  Unfortunately, the network I'm on (T-mobile)
doesn't use 850 anywhere in the US, so I can't contribute similar
tests.

Oh wait, maybe I can.  Does anyone know the command (dbus or AT) to
scan for available networks and query which ones are on the 850MHz
band?  I won't be able to join, but I can at least let you all know if
it works and maybe even what the signal strength is.

--Ben