Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Jun 18 15:23:34 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Al
Johnson<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Can I still receive phone calls while the FreeRunner is suspended?
>
> Of course! It wouldn't be much use as a phone otherwise :-)

You can even talk on the phone when FR is suspended! (yes, this is
because Calypso, the GSM chip is separated from the main processor)

> Best case scenario is 160hrs standby time IIRC.

140: http://totalueberwachung.de/blog/2009/06/03/freerunner-deep-sleep-standby-time

There's also now some research going on on scaling the frequency of FR
CPU - it'll save another 40mW or something.. So I think we can expect
the battery lifetime to slowly go up to longer than one day.