YOUR action is needed to get the Community Updates up & running again

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Jun 18 22:07:48 CEST 2009

Hi!

OM isn't working on the software for our phones any more and it looks
like that also the releasing of Community Updates
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates) has stopped
(actually the 'news' link has been removed from wiki main navigation).
So we have to do it. I think it's vital for the community to have some
kind of newsletter that allows one to have a quick look at what's
happened, if you don't follow the mailing lists and IRC daily.

I started the draft page here for the next updates:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:Community_Updates/June_25%2C_2009
Please add there everything that's happened since May 22nd.

Adding news

   1. Don't trust that someone else will add it, add it yourself and
make it clean
   2. Add links to blog posts, applications, mailing list posts that
you think are worth to announce to the whole community

Releasing

   1. If it's The Release Date and you notice the news has not been
released, DO IT! Don't trust that someone else will do it for you.
   2. When you release, move the content of Talk: page to the actual wikipage.
   3. Add a link to the released update page to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Community_Updates
   4. Prepare the draft page for the next community news: captions,
dates etc.. Releasing news on Thursdays every two weeks sound's good
to me.
   5. Send a post to the community mailing list with the link to the
released news and the draft of the next news.

The rules are also at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Community_Updates#Rules_for_community_updates

r (hey, I just started this again, don't trust me to push it any
further, do it yourself :D