YOUR action is needed to get the Community Updates up & running again
ccat911 at seed.net.tw
Fri Jun 19 17:44:50 CEST 2009
OM isn't working on the software for our phones any more and it looks
like that also the releasing of Community Updates
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates) has stopped
(actually the 'news' link has been removed from wiki main navigation).
Brenda Wang wrote:
> Two days ago, I read the documentation list, there's some request about
> the link of wiki side bar. So I removed the news' link from wiki main
> navigation two days ago.
> I will add it back when next updates released.
> Brenda Wang
So we have to do it. I think it's vital for the community to have some
kind of newsletter that allows one to have a quick look at what's
happened, if you don't follow the mailing lists and IRC daily.
I started the draft page here for the next updates:
Please add there everything that's happened since May 22nd.
1. Don't trust that someone else will add it, add it yourself and
make it clean
2. Add links to blog posts, applications, mailing list posts that
you think are worth to announce to the whole community
1. If it's The Release Date and you notice the news has not been
released, DO IT! Don't trust that someone else will do it for you.
2. When you release, move the content of Talk: page to the actual
3. Add a link to the released update page to
4. Prepare the draft page for the next community news: captions,
dates etc.. Releasing news on Thursdays every two weeks sound's good
5. Send a post to the community mailing list with the link to the
released news and the draft of the next news.
The rules are also at
r (hey, I just started this again, don't trust me to push it any
further, do it yourself :D
| risto h. kurppa
| risto at kurppa dot fi
Openmoko community mailing list
community at lists.openmoko.org
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/YOUR-action-is-needed-to-get-the-Community-Updates-up---running-again-tp3115540p3120449.html
Sent from the Openmoko Community mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the community