new qwerty keyboard, Literki

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at
Sat Jun 20 00:54:50 CEST 2009

2009/6/16 Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at>

> Hi,
> I gave it a shot and made a new keyboard. It's only 2 days old, but it's
> working well for me so I'm announcing it.

I made some improvements that you suggested and fixed a few small bugs.

The layouts are improved. The landscape layout is now almost fullscreen and
has numbers and all terminal-frequent symbols on the front page. Typing in
the terminal is now really easy and fast.
Shift works per symbol now. Pressing shift twice turns on caps lock, so you
can type more uppercase symbols.

The next thing I plan to do (but not until 2 or 3 weeks from now) is to use
normal fonts for display, so you can change the font and size to your liking
and add national characters.

Again, I'd like to hear more improvement ideas, as I'd like to make literki
THE keyboard that everyone will use. If anyone is an expert on Xlib, I'd be
grateful for any input on how to make it less sluggish when the transparency
mask changes (shift, etc). And also from distribution maintainers on
anything else I'd need to do to make it possible to integrate and add to the
various distros.

You can use the same url to download (same filename):

Or download from

Have fun!