input method : dasher

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at
Mon Jun 22 17:42:53 CEST 2009

If you use Debian on your Neo, a dasher package is available.  It
works, but the animations are unbearably slow.  I don't know if there
are options compiled in that we don't need.  There are surely some
optimizations that can be done...

Several of the command line options failed as well.  I believe one of
the ones that doesn't work is the one that would make dasher usable as
a keyboard on the Neo.  The default start mode opens dasher as a sort
of text editor.  So, the characters you "type" go into a text field
instead of whatever app you want to type in...  I think there is an
option that would make it act more like a regular keyboard, sending
key events.