font size in other window managers

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:10:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Michal Brzozowski<rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
> 2009/6/23 Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com>
>>
>> If you continues your window managers tests please reports them on:
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Windows_Managers
>>

> I tried matchbox-wm, but it didn't play nicely with override_redirect
> windows (literki). So now I'm trying icewm, and it's working as expected. I
> hacked the sources to maximize every created window. Switching windows is
> done by sliding the touchpad.

this is very nice!
I'll try bypasswindowmanager flag on QT, it should be the same I guess ?

> The only problem I've got is it doesn't detect xrandr events, but I'm
> working on it. When I have everything set up I'll probably make a howto or
> an install script.
>
> Which launcher app are you using with matchbox?

Oh, that's a stupid, dirty and not releasable selfmade application
that simply scans for directories and all executable files in a
speficic place.
Subdirectories are showed with a drawer, while files are showed with a
default icon.
Clicking on a drawer enter the directory , clicking on an executable
file launchs it and shows stdout/stderr on a popup window.
If filename.png exists the icon is replaced with that, if
filename.nodialog exists no output feedback will be showed, if
filename.autoclose exists when the application exits it closes the
output dialog automatically.
When an application quits a 5-second dialog shows the exit status.
A filesystem watcher auto updates the current window if I add, remove,
rename files or icons.

I wrote it as after playing with apt-get on debian I just filled other
launchers, too many icons and some important missing, and above all to
launch my several mdbus scripts without the pain of write a .desktop
file.

Regards

    Nicola