[SHR-U] GoPhone Alerts

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 18:16:05 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> OK, forgive the idiot, but how? I read the link, but I don't know how to
> use that. I have no experience programming with DBus.

First up just try sending your operator's code for requesting your balance.
It's usually some code starting with * or #, and I think the dialler
recognises this and sends it as USSD. From what I remember of the other post
the messages started appearing after every call from that point on.

If that doesn't work you can send a USSD from the command line or a script
using:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.SendUssdRequest '*1234#'

This assumes you want to send *1234#

I think mdbus has a similar syntax for listening for signals like IncomingUssd
but I'm not in a position to check at the moment. If you enable logging in
frameworkd you should also see any arriving USSD messages in the log.