your mail

mobi phil mobi at
Wed Jun 24 22:45:54 CEST 2009

A forum is probably better place than email lists if the email lists tend to
cover huge amount of information. Having a forum, you can keep o bit more
order in the knowledge base that is accumulating in the email list.
Tags/labels would be probably even more powerful than the simple categories
in a forum. They would make easier to search in the huge amount of
discussions/shared information on the email list. By encouraging everybody
to use in the Subject field, or inside the conversation tags/labels, it
would be much easier to find information, even with search engines.

I would suggest to extend the [topic] labels to sthg. like

Subject: [kernel][usb][external gps] etc.

or separated by ","

Subject [kernel, usb, external gps]