strange df behaviour

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Jun 25 10:31:55 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:01:39AM +0400, ivvmm wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> found strange df behaviour. I'm using my micro sd which came with FR
> only for openstreetmaps. As a result it is filled with great amount of them.
>
> The filesystem on it is ext3.

   Ext3 is an outdated file system with the peculiarity that it can run out
of inodes. For storing map tiles[1], use a file system which doesn't have
that limitation. One such example is reiserfs. You'll probably also find
that you can store more map tiles on the same SD card with reiserfs than
with ext3.

[1] or just general usage

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen