Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Jun 25 11:50:48 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 24.06.2009, 22:32 +0200 schrieb mobi phil:
> By the way... did anybody "reverse engineer' a bit the iphone ?or
> Android?(not necessarily only the code, but gui patterns I think
> paying a little attention to their way of doing things maybe will
> inspire a bit.

Both Android and the MacOS have understood the value of abstractions and
frameworks especially given the constant rising of the complexity in the
problem domain. There's little chance in the future you can continue
keeping the same level of abstractions in the solution domain.

That said, this is exactly the reason why I have decided to go with Vala
for FSO 2.0 -- it combines a high abstraction level with the raw
performance of C.

Can't get much better ;)

Cheers,

:M: