Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:00:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:35 PM, David Ford<david at blue-labs.org> wrote:
> i answer it and i can leave it sitting on the
> desk for another 7-15 seconds while it keeps on ringing before i pick it
> up and can talk.

You should definietly try out om2009. It takes about 2 sec delay when ringing,
and the delay between picking up and be able to talk takes about 2 sec too.

It is managable, and I never loosed calls because of the delay. (although it
was the case with other distribution in the past).

And om2009 dont even use the vala implementation (yet) of frameworkd.
So things are going definietly great.

Laszlo