Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Fri Jun 26 08:09:51 CEST 2009

people have different ideas about how to use their devices.  regarding
netiquette, opinion varies and there is no one solution which fits
everyone best.  not every wants to use text based clients, nor scroll to
the end of a page.  regardless of it being near instant or several
steps, they are still unnecessary steps.  in the end this is, as it
always has been, a religious preference that some people attempt to
enforce passionately.  thankfully the passionate argument of 40 column
text has disappeared.