Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jun 26 09:09:41 CEST 2009

El día Friday, June 26, 2009 a las 02:09:51AM -0400, David Ford escribió:

> people have different ideas about how to use their devices.  regarding
> netiquette, opinion varies and there is no one solution which fits
> everyone best.  not every wants to use text based clients, nor scroll to
> the end of a page.  regardless of it being near instant or several
> steps, they are still unnecessary steps.  in the end this is, as it
> always has been, a religious preference that some people attempt to
> enforce passionately.  thankfully the passionate argument of 40 column
> text has disappeared.

Everything in Internet must have rules, for example, mail is transported
by protocols like SMTP and they are ruled in RFC's like RFC822. One of
those rules is the netiquette, another is line wrapping around column
68-72 (and not 40) which makes still much sense and has not disappeared;
even your text is correcly wrapped, only wrong (top) posted.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211