[OM2009] Paroli oversized

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Jun 29 05:07:19 CEST 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:44:41 +0200
Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Joel Newkirk<freerunner at newkirk.us>
> wrote:
> > For example, in portrait mode while fullscreen the width of Paroli
> > (and Dialer, which is the component I'm currently working on) is
> > 511 pixels wide, while the screen of course is only 480 pixels
> > wide. (height is 587 pixels, which properly accomodates the topbar
> > of Paroli, height is 571 pixels with paroli-serenity theme, which
> > doesn't quite allow for Paroli topbar to fit)
> >

> Where came these numbers?
>
> In paroli-applications/tele2/edje/default/dialpad_rev2.edc I see the
> following: group {
>     name: "main";
>     min:  480 575;
>     max:  480 575;
>
> What is to me is 480px width and 575 pixel height.
>
> Or are you observing the anomalie right on the device? (using a
> screenshot and measuring with The gimp).

I added a program to tele.edj triggering on signal "resize". (which
also conveniently triggers on initial layout) At its debugging
simplest, it is the following four lines of Embryo (the goal is to
compare width vs height and decide portrait vs landscape layout):

        script {
            new basex,basey,basewidth,baseheight;
            get_geometry(PART:"base",basex,basey,basewidth,baseheight);
            new buf[10]; snprintf(buf, 10, "%i %i",
            basewidth,baseheight); set_text(PART:"num_field-text", buf);
        }

I've since altered the script to actually perform layout changes,
though I had to trigger the portrait.vs.landscape decision on
baseheight being greater than 585.

You can insert the script above into the program num_field-clicked and
it will update the number display each time it's tapped to show what
enlightenment has as the current width and height.

> Note about paroli-serenity:
> The default illume theme (the white one) is 64 pixel height, while
> paroli-serenity
> is 56pixel height by default. I tried to hunt down this 56 pixel thing
> (to fix it properly),
> but after two(!) days I gave up. The illume config is so complicated,
> that it is
> not for human (at least not for one man life;).
>
> So I would really like to see paroli-serenity fixed to be 64pixel by
> default. Yes, Im aware, that it can be changed, in illume settings,
> and make it even smaller,
> but 64px by default make sense (at least in icon world).
>
> Any taker?

That'd probably be me, since I'm the original author of Serenity.edj.
The one currently included with OM2009 is a slightly altered V0.1.  I
actually have a v0.2 version and have been working now and then on
further cleanup and fixes, but have diverted to work on retheming
Paroli for a while.  I'll probably get back to Serenity during the next
couple weeks, and will try to get v0.2 (or later) available for use.

One of the things holding up Serenity is that I need to find out how to
decompile & edit & recompile enlightenment .cfg files.  [so much to do,
so little spare time]