Elmdentica 0.3.0

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:58:56 CEST 2009

Hi Rui,

in elementary, you can scale each visual element independently by
using the function

void elm_object_scale_set (Evas_Object *obj, double scale)

on the evas object. The scale factor is applied to all elements of the
object, i.e. not only the button size but also the buttons text is
scaled.

Note however that there is a minimal size of buttons, and other finger
touchable things: ELM_FINGER_SIZE.

ELM_FINGER_SIZE is an environment variable that gives the diameter of
the finger in pixels, and elementary will make sure that buttons will
never get smaller than ELM_FINGER_SIZE, such that they stay usable
with your fingers...,

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Thomas

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra<rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 02:48:01PM -0700, Morten wrote:
>> Looking really good! I love that you are using Elementary, it's _so_ much
>> nicer from a user perspective, almost a little iphonish =)
>
> Yeah, but does someone know how to make smaller buttons?
>
> Rui
>
> --

Excercise 17:
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand we'd be so
simple we couldn't understand.
Prove this by induction.