[QtMoko] New debian images V3

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 29 21:37:24 CEST 2009

Me wrote:

> The FSO images seem to be a bit faster. This is one thing that keeps me
> puzzled. What could make the speed different? Same binary on different
> rootfs should be the same fast. Anyone has idea why FSO is faster?

I just found the problem. The slow thing is that qpe process writes
debugging messages to stderr. These debug messages should be redirected
to logger program or as temporary solution to /dev/null.

So if you want to have fast debian QtMoko then edit /etc/rc.local and
replace line

qpe &

with

qpe 2>/dev/null