No subject

Wed Jun 3 16:24:54 CEST 2009

for PISI - see discussion in second attached email.

If you have dealt with these things before - what is your opinion about it??

Greetings
Michael

Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> Am Sonntag 16 August 2009 22:17:43 schrieb Michael Pilgermann:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> For an Openmoko PIM Synchronization tool (called PISI) I developed a
>> module to integrate with SyncML-servers this weekend. It is all running
>> fine on my Linux box (desktop) already.
>>
>> I had some libs to install in order to get prepared. Now, for putting
>> the package together for the Openmoko I need to port them. However, I am
>> not very familar with this stuff (Python programmer) and have no
>> toolchain installed (I think, I heart that's the way to go for that kind
>> of stuff) ...
>>

>> So my question is, whether somebody (who has maybe already a fully
>> functional toolchain installed) could assemble Openmoko packages (best
>> ipk I would say) for the following three modules:
>>
>> - wbxml
>> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwbxml/files/libwbxml/0.10.7/libwbxml-0.
>> 10.7.tar.gz/download) - libsoup (http://live.gnome.org/LibSoup)
>> - libsyncml
>> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsyncml/files/libsyncml/0.5.4/libsyncml-
>> 0.5.4.tar.gz/download)
>>

>> Uploading them to opkg.org would be grant - but if you just send them
>> over, I would do the rest, too ...
>>
>> Please, please help - if I need to do it myself, it will probably take
>> me ages (and will look like the openldap module ;))
>>
>> Michael
>
> Did you find someone who would help you? If not i will do it.
>
> Thomas

--------------000201000000080008090002
 filename="Attached Message"

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:54:28 +0200
From: Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>
To: List for Openmoko community discussion <community at lists.openmoko.org>
Subject: Re: PISI 0.4 released
Sender: community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org

--===============1928590969==

--001485e9ab4fdd143004716857b2

Hi,
on Friday I uploaded patch for OE repository to shr trac:
http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592
<http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592>Patch contains support for
setuptools (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools), which seems like
standard tool for managing python packages, that's files ez_setup.py,
setup.py and setup.cfg. It would be nice if you include those 3 files in
your source distribution package.

I also found few files missing from
http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/download.php/888/pisi-src-0.4.4.tar.gz,
which were available in subversion repository, so I made only bbfile for
"live" subversion version of pisi, I can found which files were missing if
you can include them to pisi-src too.

As last modification of your source distribution I created pisi python
module and moved all pisi stuff and subdirs there, because this bbfile
installs pisi directly in /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/pisi not to
/opt/pisi and having lots of files and directories only for pisi directly in
site-packages seemed wrong for me.

So i rearranged source files like this:
mkdir pisi
mv pisi*.py pisi
touch pisi/__init__.py
mv contacts/ modules/ events/ tests/ thirdparty/ pisi

As I said before, I'm not python programer so setuptools and python packages
are new for me, so it would be nice if someone could confirm, that this
structure is sane and you could rearrange files in subversion to simplyfi
building process.

I'll try to prepare bbfiles for new development version dependencies as you
wrote in second thread.

JaMa

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Michael Pilgermann <kichkasch at gmx.de>wrote:

> JaMa,
>
> thx for this offer. I don't really know, what in detail you are talking
> about ... i was quite happy, that I managed to assemble ipkg - this is
> all done automatically using a Makefile:
>
> https://projects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/*checkout*/trunk/Makefile?rev=135&root=pisi
>
> But integrating all this in feeds of repositories of course sounds good
> to me ... just let me know, what exactly I can do for you - I am sure we
> can sort that out ....
>
> (till now I have always just copied the files into my ipkgs)
>
> Michael
>

> Martin Jansa wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com
> > <mailto:martin.jansa at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I have no experience with python, but I can try to prepare setup.py
> for
> >     setuptools next week, if you have no time or interest in it and then
> >     send you patch.
> >

> > I had some spare time.. so before going for vacation, here is something
> > which works for me, at least seems like working for me :).
> >
> > Maybe something could be integrated upstream so simplify bbfile for next
> > version.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > JaMa

--001485e9ab4fdd143004716857b2

:</div><a href=3D"http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592">http://trac.=
ac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592"></a>Patch contains support for setuptoo=
ls (<a href=3D"http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools">http://pypi.python.o=
rg/pypi/setuptools</a>), which seems like standard tool for managing python=
 packages, that&#39;s files ez_setup.py, setup.py and setup.cfg. It would b=
e nice if you include those 3 files in your source distribution package.=A0=
/projects.openmoko.org/frs/download.php/888/pisi-src-0.4.4.tar.gz">http://p=
rojects.openmoko.org/frs/download.php/888/pisi-src-0.4.4.tar.gz</a>, which =
were available in subversion repository, so I made only bbfile for &quot;li=
ve&quot; subversion version of pisi, I can found which files were missing i=
f you can include them to pisi-src too.</div>
ted pisi python module and moved all pisi stuff and subdirs there, because =
this bbfile installs pisi directly in /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/pisi n=
ot to /opt/pisi and having lots of files and directories only for pisi dire=
ctly in site-packages seemed wrong for me.</div>
 python packages are new for me, so it would be nice if someone could confi=
rm, that this structure is sane and you could rearrange files in subversion=
 to simplyfi building process.</div>
 at 7:35 PM, Michael Pilgermann <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kic=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">JaMa,<br>
thx for this offer. I don&#39;t really know, what in detail you are talking=
about ... i was quite happy, that I managed to assemble ipkg - this is<br>
all done automatically using a Makefile:<br>
ut*/trunk/Makefile?rev=3D135&amp;root=3Dpisi" target=3D"_blank">https://pro=
jects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/*checkout*/trunk/Makefile?rev=
=3D135&amp;root=3Dpisi</a><br>

But integrating all this in feeds of repositories of course sounds good<br>
to me ... just let me know, what exactly I can do for you - I am sure we<br=

can sort that out ....<br>
(till now I have always just copied the files into my ipkgs)<br>
Michael<br>
Martin Jansa wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Martin Jansa &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:m=
artin.jansa at gmail.com">martin.jansa at gmail.com</a><br>
l.com">martin.jansa at gmail.com</a>&gt;&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 I have no experience with python, but I can try to prepare set=
up.py for<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 setuptools next week, if you have no time or interest in it an=
d then<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 send you patch.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I had some spare time.. so before going for vacation, here is somethin=
g<br>
&gt; which works for me, at least seems like working for me :).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Maybe something could be integrated upstream so simplify bbfile for ne=
xt<br>
&gt; version.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Regards,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; JaMa<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Openmoko community mailing list<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:community at lists.openmoko.org">community at lists.openmo=
ko.org</a><br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community" targe=

--001485e9ab4fdd143004716857b2--