Want to keep up with times.

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Sun Mar 1 11:58:14 CET 2009

Hej Ilya,

Ilya O. wrote:

> 1) How long FreeRunner currently works as everyday phone? (Please,
> tell me that it can survive for a day).

It can indeed survive longer than a day. Mickey did some tests and
published the results here on the list.

> 2) What distribution is currently developed by Openmoko? Is it FSO?

We are working on FSO indeed. The current om distro you can find here[1].
Note: it is called unstable for a reason ;) It does come with paroli
covering all of the screen as we are focusing on getting day-to-day
phone capabilities in first before engaging in other areas.

> 4) Is there project that would like me to participate in or bug that I
> would be able to fix? (I have experience writing in
> Python/C/C++/Erlang/...etc.. including some linux kernel programming).

Paroli is a good place to get active in right now. It is a python/efl
based project split in several applets running in a single python instance.

We are currently working towards our third milestone[2] the second one
is currently in graphics review ;)

See our project page[3] for more details.

If this looks like fun, get in touch with me and I can answer any
questions and make the start a bit easier. I am sure we can find
something that is fun (to me the whole project is ;) )

/mirko

[1] http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/NeoFreerunner/
pick fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2 and
uImage-2.6.28-oe1+gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin

[2] http://paroli-project.org/trac/roadmap

[3] http://www.paroli-project.org/