Problem installing apache webserver on my FreeRunner

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at
Mon Mar 2 03:51:58 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at> wrote:
>>  I just got my new FR fone as a part of my university research program
>>  and tried installing apache2 but it does not install.It returns error
>>  status 2.
>> Can you guys suggest how i can go ahead. I am using OM 2008.12. I tried
>> opkg install apache2
> FWIW, maybe you'd be better served by installing Debian since you then
> have a larger collection of standard packages.

I've had good luck with the Cherokee webserver on the ARM (Cherokee + PHP).

I've used it with Openembedded also. I remember we even had a custom
recipe for the latest version (available 1 1/2 years ago) but it
wasn't in shape to be contributed back.