Context based usage of the 'AUX' button

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 17:53:48 CET 2009

Hi,

Helge Hafting wrote:

> With SHR, the normal use for AUX is to lock/unlock the screen. This is
> useful when you can't suspend, but still want to put the phone in a
> pocket where accidental pressing may happen.

  Well, I was thinking more of a configurable action - either in rules.yaml
(that covers some user cases) or by exposing the functionality in a known
way that allows apps to override the normal usage.
  Also, there could be different uses depending on whether there is one
press, two presses or a long press. Maybe a long press could be used as a
screen lock - leaving the other two for context based use.