Om2009 release plan

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at
Mon Mar 2 18:31:10 CET 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009, Angus Ainslie wrote:
> And about the enhancements and feature requests I'm serious they kill
> schedules so if you want us to make it don't ask for anything that's
> not in the UI spec ( to be released at
>, shortly I hope ).

Thanks for keeping us informed of the release schedule! One question
related to paroli comes to mind. I tested paroli (from SVN) with FSO
5.1 and noticed that paroli is meant to be running full screen. Is that
a temporary requirement? Because it would basically rule out the use of
a window manager like illume and would result in having to implement
WM, launcher (.desktop), systray, ... functionality in paroli, which
would obviously be quite a duplication of effort. Could someone please
explain the paroli plans with respect to the fullscreen requirement?

DI Florian Hackenberger
florian at