[Om2008.x] Wanted StarDict for my Openmoko

Olof Sjobergh olofsj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:46:00 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> It would be _extremely_ useful for me to have it as well on my FR; Is
> someone working on a port of this? Thx

Hi,

I'm not working on a port of this, but I'm working on a dictionary
program of my own. There's still some stuff to do, so I haven't made
any packages yet. I'd recommend you wait until it's a bit more stable,
but if you feel like checking it out, it's hosted on Github at
http://github.com/olofsj/elexika.

I never really liked the way most dictionary programs present the
results, so I'm trying to write it the way I'd like it. It's written
in Elementary and the dictionary backend is in C for speed. One goal
is for it to be simple to add new dictionaries, you just specify in a
textfile how the dictionary is formatted and how the results should be
presented. However, it doesn't (and probably won't) support fuzzy
matching and such like Stardict.

Hope you'll like it when it's released. =)

Best regards,

Olof Sjöbergh