What to do when apps keep crashing?

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Tue Mar 3 17:55:13 CET 2009

Adam Jimerson wrote:

> 4. GPS doesn't fully work, in the sets program that comes with FDOM it
> takes a couple of minutes before it starts finding satelites but in
> TangoGPS it never can find any even after 10+ minutes.
> 5. Installing/upgrading a program with opkg breaks it

I don't think FDOM is recommended really anymore... at least not the
"stable version".

For a FDOM like experience on 2008.12 install the 2008.12 image then run
Kustomizer http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kustomizer

There are some things that won't be better, but in some things there is
a marked difference. one thing to realise is that the group of programs
installed may well differ.

let us know how you get on,

Tim

--