GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:59:20 CET 2009

> This is a case where there is AFAIK no one size fits all sensing
> technology;
> Going to a capacitive screen will allow GTA03 to be used in some scenarios
> where GTA02 can't, and vice versa.

I've been following this with mild interest for a while, and so far I
haven't really seen anything you can do with capacitive that you can't do
with resistive... Did I miss something? It seems the only benefit to
capacitive is that it can be more durable, and accidental touches are all
but eliminated. What scenario can you use capacitive for that you can't use
resistive for?