Freerunner freely runs Gentoo

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Mar 4 02:07:59 CET 2009

David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> I have started to mess with GNU/Linux with Gentoo, then I acomodate
> myself to Debian and Ubuntu but Gentoo  always had place in my
> heart... I will give it a try as soon as I can.
> Really awesome and brave work guys.

I'm waiting for the NetBSD+pkgsrc annoucement :)

That infrastructure just begs to be ported. Of all the cross compiling
I've done, nothing has been as simple as NetBSD and pkgsrc.

Want to build binaries for amd64 on i386? Just add -m amd64 to the same
command you would normally use natively or just set a few env vars.

I know it's lacking a lot of software within this space but the benefits
to both communities would be huge.

I can't quite see it ever happening though :(

Sarton