[SHR-ustable] gprs is also unstable

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:21:49 CET 2009

If you suffer from #1024 and haven't disabled deep sleep you will probably
drop the connection on every reregistration. It may cause longer lasting
problems with some networks too - after reregistration I couldn't get another
connection for some time with O2 (UK) but didn't have problems with T-Mobile
(UK). This is anecdotal rather than definitive as #1024 is intermittent, so I
couldn't check the problem was repeatable.

There was a problem reported with ppp being unable to resume due to the
dynamic nature of the multiplexed port too, but that may have been fixed by
now.