Word processing application

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Mar 3 18:21:37 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 18:08 +0100, Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm looking for some kind of word processing application.
> I want to use my Freerunner in a library so I would not have to bring
> laptop with me - only the keyboard.
> I've heard of AbiWord, but can't manage to find an ipk package for it.
> Also, is there emacs package for Freerunner available?
> Can someone suggest something else for text editing?
>
> Leonti

I've compiled both...so you have 3 solutions
1)compile it yourself with openembedded...I can give you my recipes
2)find the packages in an official distro
I found emacs(non-x11 version) in FSO's unstable repository
3)find them in my repositories(split in 2 because of a data-loss) but I
don't like this idea because:
*my connection is slow in upload
*I'm not an official repository => the software comes with no kind of
support at all,specially because I had data loss and if there is a
problem with the first repository(and there are some such as wesnoth
lacking libpng3 as rdepend) I will have to bitbake the recipe
again...and the libs have to be bitbaken again...wich takes a lot of
time...
*I had not the time of investigating why I can't change the fonts with
emacs-x11
Denis.