Freerunner GSM Buzz fix, warranty and hopes...

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:10:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Leonti Bielski <prishelec at gmail.com> wrote:
> The legality of DOA (Dead On Arrival) warranty depends on country of sale.
> In USA it's totally legal.
> In Poland 1 year minimum warranty has to be added. Don't know about
> other EU countries.
>
> All of the issues were described on the official webpage, so it's like
> buying used phone and than complaining about scratches.
> So basically all those flaws (buzz, gps, #1024 bug) were part of the
> hardware you bought and warranty should not cover them. All other
> flaws like screen stops working, some connectors not working -
> anything that was not described and occured during normal usage of the
> phone - should be covered by warranty if you have one.
>
> I'm not a lawyer but it seems logical to me.
> Leonti

This does not count in EU countries like Belgium. Those who ordered
the original batch were not notified the phone had flaws like gps,
buzz, lack of bass.... (slow glamo was)
it was even promoted as an end-user phone, not a developer phone
it said that the hardware was fully working and only software needed some work

there is a two year warranty on ALL electrical devices sold here