[All] To build a better music player

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Wed Mar 4 18:12:55 CET 2009

> As I mentioned before, I am planning to add some sort of session
> management. It might be too IO intensive to cache all the tag data (as
> opposed to simply remembering file name), but it is a possibility.
actually I think that storing them along with filenames in those
'sessions' would speed this up since separate files would not need to be
processed for id3 extraction upon loading of the session file.  id3 tags
within a loaded session might be updated upon user request or whenever a
corresponding file is played/queued/whatever ;)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]