Pulster fixe(s) and rework

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 5 06:55:22 CET 2009

Am Mi  4. März 2009 schrieb Fox Mulder:
> Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> >> Guys, this has been fixed for *ALL* FR ever sold!!!
> >
> > No, no, no. You are right only for GTA02v6. On GTA02v5 (which I have)
> > this has been fixed only for orange and blue LEDs under POWER button.
> > Red AUX button is still power hungry - it is eating 50mA.
>
> Your mentioned 50mA for the AUX LED is ridiculous. It would burn out
> with this high current. Normal LEDs only use ~20mA and low current LEDs
> ~2mA. 50mA would be for a higher power led which isn't build into the
> freerunner.
> And when you are on battery the AUX led is off by default and even if it
> blinks (like i modified my led behaviour) it isn't really much it uses.
>
> Ciao,
>      Rainer

The power is consumed by driving a common-emitter transistor driver for LED
without base resistor. Current flows from GPIO via base to emitter, and it
for sure had been wiser to drive LED directly from GPIO ;-), instead of
burning 40mA base current for 10mA collector current. (ballpark numbers)

For the non-fixed AUX LED: I wasn't aware these versions have been sold :-/

cheers
jOERG