Another attempt at speeding up yaouh, with persistent connections

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:26:31 CET 2009

2009/3/3 Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at hist.no>:
> The tiles have 5-digit names, so the max would be 100000 ?

i think it only uses as many digits as necessary - i.e. there are
never any triling zeroes. if you look at antarctica, there are numbers
up to 130,000 for zoom 17. if tango ever supports zoom 18, then
there's potential for 260,000 per directory. is it likely, that anyone
will have more than 250 per directory? i dunno, but i recall a certain
prophecy that 640kb of ram...something, something