Another attempt at speeding up yaouh, with persistent connections

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at
Thu Mar 5 11:12:27 CET 2009

Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/3/3 Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at>:
>> The tiles have 5-digit names, so the max would be 100000 ?
> i think it only uses as many digits as necessary - i.e. there are
> never any triling zeroes. if you look at antarctica, there are numbers
> up to 130,000 for zoom 17. if tango ever supports zoom 18, then
> there's potential for 260,000 per directory. is it likely, that anyone
> will have more than 250 per directory? i dunno, but i recall a certain
> prophecy that 640kb of ram...something, something
There could be problems. If that happens, I can program a loop to solve
it. So far, nobody reported such problems. Perhaps nobody has huge
collections of zoom 17 tiles - or maybe python has no problem invoking
curl with a 7MB parameter list.

Fixing this in advance is a better approach - but I'd rather spend time
on a much better fix using libcurl. That would speed yaouh up further
also.  But this have to wait until someone ports pycurl to the freerunner.

Helge Hafting