Flashing GSM firmware

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu Mar 5 16:22:08 CET 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Paul Fertser wrote:

> Alternatively, try Joerg's uSD automated image:
> http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/calypso_moko_FW/moko11/flash-moko11_uSD-image.tar.gz
>
> It works and reliably flashes the firmware for you.

yaaay joerg and thank you!  i just safely and efficiently upgraded both my
freerunners with that image.  if you are not aged 22 and thus do not have
the eyes of an eagle (i'm not, and i don't) you may need a magnifying
glass to read the screen properly, esp. when the text goes blue-on-blue.
you may wish to get the magnifying glass ready first, instead of going
into a panic when it's already running, like i did.

if anyone else is minded to try it, there are a few more details at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing#uSD-card_Image .

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net