Flashing GSM firmware

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:41:49 CET 2009

Tom Yates <madhatter at teaparty.net> writes:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Paul Fertser wrote:
>> Alternatively, try Joerg's uSD automated image:
>> http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/calypso_moko_FW/moko11/flash-moko11_uSD-image.tar.gz
>>
>> It works and reliably flashes the firmware for you.
>
> yaaay joerg and thank you!  i just safely and efficiently upgraded

I can't resist to note that this is as safe as upgrading by hand, so
for those who don't have a spare uSD handy or time to download 90M
image and feel confident enough in killing unnecessary processes (for
SHR it's ophonekitd, for FSO it's Zhone or whatever dialer you use) i
can still suggest to use the manual method (i recommend to follow the
instructions given in my previous letter in this thread, where ROM
bootloader is used from the beginning, and don't forget to cd
/usr/sbin before starting fluid.exe ;) ).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com