Flashing GSM firmware

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 5 19:26:51 CET 2009

http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/calypso_moko_FW/moko11/flash-moko11_uSD-image.tar.gz

> |> It works and reliably flashes the firmware for you.
> |
> | yaaay joerg and thank you!  i just safely and efficiently upgraded
> both my
>
> I think there's a little confusion going on here, AIUI Werner did the
> rootfs end and Deiter the GSM firmware upgrade and deserve the thanks
> for that.

You haven't understood it quite right, and obviously there *is* some confusion
going on *somewhere*.

rootfs is a standard FSO-console MS5 patched to fix "doesn't boot on r/o
mounted fs" issue.
Kernel is recent Andy tracking with GSM sysfs node patch created originally by
PaulFerster based on my suggestions.
MOKO11 was a corporate work involving quite a number of people on IRC, mainly
PaulFerster, Werner, Lindi (iirc), and me. Dieter checked for the bugs we
spotted and fixed them in calypso's FW.
The uSD image was entirely created, tested and published by me.
Original idea: roh.

So all those people deserve a special "thank you", and Andy deserves a special
acknowledge for sedulous mobbing as soon as "joerg" is mentioned somewhere.

>:(
/j