OpenBmap logger in the feeds (was: Re: Introducing CellHunter)

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Thu Mar 5 22:51:49 CET 2009

Hi,

using the openBmap-logger you would have saved the time needed for
patching, as it has been written using the freesmartphone.org API from
the beginning ;-) Thanks to Stefan, the package is now in the feeds:
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/armv4t/openbmap-logger_0.1.0-r0_armv4t.ipk

opkg install openbmap-logger

The idea is to have nothing more than a logger/uploader to build a
database of GPS positions/GSM data. It does not have the CellHunter game
logic, and you will not get any points. You have been warned! :-)

I have proposed Sebastian to collaborate, at least on a common logging
engine. He is interested, but added he lacks time for a collaborating
project at the moment.

Anyway, the openBmap logger git is public, and I would welcome any
comments and/or patches :-)
http://myposition.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=myposition

That's where the development continues...

Many thanks to Coolcat on the wiki, who has added a page, I have just
discovered it! The Manual (also located in the README file of the
package) can be found here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenBmap

For new users, warning: you should create an account on
realtimeblog.free.fr website, and fill the login/password in the
configuration file before upload works. (This is planned to be changed
in the next release, adding a graphical interface for login/password,
please be patients!).

Onen