A new version of SATAN

Anton Persson don.juanton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:29:48 CET 2009

Hi 'yall!

I just wanted to splash about that I've released a new version of SATAN for
the OpenMoko, available
at http://www.opkg.org/package_34.html.

To summarize:
 * Bug reduction.
 * A built in on screen keyboard that I feel is better than
   to use the normal OSK on the FR.
 * A new subtractive synthesizer called Grooveiator.
 * Some other stuff..

NOTE! You can CREATE YOUR OWN MACHINES for SATAN as plugins; I haven't
written a good
guide on this yet I know, but you may check out this directory for code and
build examples:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pltxtra/satan/fixedpoint/files/head%3A/dynlib/
To create machines you need to be familiar with fixed point math, and you
need
to have this installed on the development host:
http://fpm.berlios.de/website/index2.html

What's missing:
 * More bug fixes.
 * Cut&paste in the tracker/sequencer.
 * horizontal scrolling in the tracker/sequencer.
 * Better documentation, always.
 * A finger friendly cool looking tracker... I'm working on it!
 * More MACHINES, help!

Please feel free to come with suggestions, tips, bashings and bug reports...
I just like the attention. ;)

Best regards,
   Anton Persson