[fso] no sound card

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 04:18:36 CET 2009

Hi,

GNUtoo wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 00:36 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> I know but I was told that OSS was faster

  Well, from what I understand, OSS today is mostly Alsa in OSS emulation
mode. It's faster only because the quality is lower (not always - that
depends on the sampling rate).
  Ideally, if processor usage wasn't any issue, alsa would give you the best
quality and would hence be the better solution. For the Freerunner though,
unfortunately sometimes, lower quality is faster and hence desirable.
  Anyhow, try modprobing the appropriate modules. That should solve the
problem.