[Om2008.9] ButtonPress event for button 3 (right mouse button)

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri Mar 6 08:54:49 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 07:52 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The question is seriously, so please don't respond with 'use the right
> finger': How can I generate the X11 event ButtonPress/ButtonRelease for
> button 3, i.e. the right button of the mouse, with the touchpad of the
> FR? Thx
>
> 	matthias

Hi Matthias,

The way i work arround this is by having an xmessage with three buttons.
if i press button 1 xmodmap wil map the click to button 1
if i press button 2 xmodmap wil map the click to button 2 for a while
if i press button 3 xmodmap wil map the click to button 3 for a while
(right click)

It is not perfect, but it suits my needs. ( using all mouse functions in
vnc for example )

Kind regards,
Ed