New SHR-Testing release

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Fri Mar 6 11:32:43 CET 2009

Am Freitag 06 März 2009 11:13:41 schrieb Tilman Baumann:
> Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:

> >> Time for re-install by image or is opkg upgrade safe?
> >
> > See the announcement :-) upgrading from old shr-testing does not work...
> > Sombody even tried it me thinks. Changing the repo config and upgrading
> > from shr- unstable is supposed to work though.
>
> Oh, sorry. I was a bit unclear.
>
> I was on unstable before and I intend to stay on the bleeding edge.
> (Or at least see where that brings me...)
>
> Question is, what will happen if I do nothing.
> Is the new unstable a clean continuation of the old unstable or does it
> break updates?
It still is a clean continuation... that might change though some day.

> Or should I just go testing anyway because unstable is really not
> intended for real use?
Well... if you need it as a phone you should switch to testing. We intend to do
some big changes that most definitely will lead to a not working phone in the
beginning. If you just want something to play with and do not depend on it as
your daily phone... thats different then :-)

Or you could do what most of us SHR devs do... Have them both. One in flash and
one on SD.

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann