New SHR-Testing release

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Fri Mar 6 16:43:47 CET 2009

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:
> Am Freitag 06 März 2009 11:13:41 schrieb Tilman Baumann:
>> Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:

>>> See the announcement :-) upgrading from old shr-testing does not work...
>>> Sombody even tried it me thinks. Changing the repo config and upgrading
>>> from shr- unstable is supposed to work though.
>> Oh, sorry. I was a bit unclear.
>>
>> I was on unstable before and I intend to stay on the bleeding edge.
>> (Or at least see where that brings me...)
>>
>> Question is, what will happen if I do nothing.
>> Is the new unstable a clean continuation of the old unstable or does it
>> break updates?
> It still is a clean continuation... that might change though some day.

Something is odd with this repo. :)
See below.

Looks like the repository is broken.

I had to disable the /etc/opkg/armv4-feed.conf feed.
(src/gz shr-armv4 http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv)
Since it always produced 404. But that should not have anything to do
with that.

(shortened output)
root at om-gta01 ~ $ opkg upgrade
Upgrading python-ecore on root from 0.3.1+svnr38274-ml0 to
0.3.1+svnr39379-ml0...
Downloading
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/python-ecore_0.3.1+svnr39379-ml0_armv4t.ipk
Upgrading libecore-evas on root from 2:0.9.9.050+svnr38274-r1 to
2:0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1...
Downloading
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/libecore-evas_0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1_armv4t.ipk
Upgrading libevas-engine-buffer on root from 2:0.9.9.050+svnr38274-r1 to
2:0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1...
Downloading
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/libevas-engine-buffer_0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1_armv4t.ipk
Upgrading libehal0 on root from 2:0.5.0.050+svnr38274-r1 to
2:0.5.0.050+svnr39379-r1...
Collected errors:
  * Failed to download
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/python-ecore_0.3.1+svnr39379-ml0_armv4t.ipk,
error 404
  * Failed to download python-ecore. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
  * Failed to download
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/libecore-evas_0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1_armv4t.ipk,
error 404
  * Failed to download libecore-evas. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
  * Failed to download
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/libevas-engine-buffer_0.9.9.050+svnr39379-r1_armv4t.ipk,
error 404
  * Failed to download libevas-engine-buffer. Perhaps you need to run
'opkg update'?
  * Failed to download
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4t/libehal0_0.5.0.050+svnr39379-r1_armv4t.ipk,
error 404
  * Failed to download libehal0. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
  Albert Einstein