How to install cli-framework on my Neo FreeRunner

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 18:31:15 CET 2009

2008.12 uses elements of QtExtended to provide its phone functionality. You
can't simply install the freesmartphone.org framework on 2008.12 as the two
will compete over resources such as the GSM interface, probably breaking both
in the process.

If you want to use the freesmartphone.org framework you will need to use a
distro that supports it. That could be FSO, SHR, Debian, or possibly Gentoo.
These can be installed to internal NAND, or to a partition on the SD card. You
could even have a dual boot or multiboot setup - I have Android in NAND, and
FSO milestone 4.1, SHR Unstable and FSO unstable on different SD partitions.

These links should help you install your preferred distro:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD

For FSO you should probably start with the Milestone 5.1 release:
http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-stable/milestone5.1/om-gta02/

SHR has install instructions here:
http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Install

Debian has a chunk of documentation here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian