How to use other applications with Paroli fullscreen?

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Sat Mar 7 05:12:52 CET 2009

Hi,
> I've been tracking OM unstable.  Now that Paroli is starting at boot
> with a full-screen I can't figure out how to start any other
> applications outside of using ssh.  Then once started the application
> doesn't have the Illume top-bar available to do any of the functions it
> provided such as application switching or ending the program.  I tried
> killing paroli-launcher.  That left me with a black-screen.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?

No you aren't missing anything. Our goal is to provide a distribution
that allows the user to use the gta02 as a daily phone. In order to
achieve this faster we decided to make certain sacrifices to save time
and energy, as our team is only small. One of these was worrying too
much about integrating in illume.

To put it in one sentence:

for Now the paroli image comes with these styles installed. We hope we
can change that in the future. There is a way of "reactivating" the old
style, I will try to compile a document and publish it here.

/mirko